Holi is among the most cherished and anticipated festivals in India. While we all like playing with colors, we all find it difficult to remove the Holi colors after the festival. The act of putting Holi colors on each other is so much fun that no one seems to mind the skin and hair damage that results. While toying with colors, it’s important to grasp basic hair and skincare practices.
How to prepare for Holi?
Before you get too excited, keep in mind that a little planning and a simple ritual performed before and after Holi can benefit both men and women. The vibrant colors provide color to the festival, but they may also be a huge challenge once the party is finished. Chemical-based brilliant colors frequently cling to skin and hair for long periods. So here are a few important Pre-Holi and Post-Holi skincare tips to help you in this Holi season.
Pre-Holi Skin Care Tips
As we celebrate the festival of colors, Holi is a time of joy and pleasure. As a result, here are a few Pre-Holi skincare suggestions to keep in mind as we prepare for the festival.
- Before Holi, make sure to cleanse and exfoliate your skin thoroughly. This will aid in the removal of any pollutants or dirt that may be present on your skin, as well as dead skin cells. Apply coconut oil to your entire body and massage it in. This will not only keep the skin hydrated but will also shut the pores on the skin, decreasing color absorption.
- To protect your lips from the harsh chemicals in Holi colors, apply a quality lip balm.
- Apply a generous amount of coconut or mustard oil to your hair, making sure it gets to the roots. This will preserve your scalp and make washing off the color much easier once the party is done.
- Avoid the sun since it causes the skin to absorb color more quickly.
- If you’re wearing any form of face paint or makeup, make sure it’s removed before playing Holi.
It’s Important to spend some time for post-Holi skincare after enjoying the colors and celebrations of Holi.
Post-Holi Skin Care Tips
After having all the fun and enjoyment in Holi, it’s time for some skincare to avoid coming across various skin problems such as skin rashes, pigmentation, etc. Here are a few steps to follow for your Post-Holi Skin Care.
- Using a light cleaner, remove all the colors from your skin.
- Rehydrate your skin using a moisturizer.
- Apply a nourishing cream or oil to any particularly dry places.
- To flush out impurities and keep your skin healthy, drink plenty of water.
- After the craziness of Holi, take some time for yourself and unwind.
For dry skin:
After Holi, there are a few things that can be done to help a person with dry skin regain their glow.
- When showering, start with a light, moisturizing soap or body wash. Avoid using harsh detergents or soaps, since they can strip the skin of its natural oils, leaving it dry and irritated.
- Second, while the skin is still damp after showering, add a strong moisturizer to it. This will aid in the retention of moisture and promote long-term hydration.
- Third, drink lots of water throughout the day to replace lost fluids and aid in the restoration of your skin’s natural equilibrium.
- Finally, the person should eat healthy foods to ensure that their skin receives all of the nutrients it needs.
For oily skin:
If you have oily skin, cleanse it with a moderate foamy face wash. After cleansing, apply a mild moisturizer if you have mixed skin. Before going out to play with colors, make sure you apply sunscreen. Here’s an example of a skincare routine:
- Begin by cleaning your skin with a gentle, soap-free cleanser that is non-comedogenic.
- Apply a mild, alcohol-free toner on your face.
- Apply a non-comedogenic, oil-free moisturizer on your face.
- Apply a mattifying sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 30 or higher to finish.
For sensitive skin:
People with sensitive skin need to take special precautions. This is because their skin barrier is compromised, making them more susceptible to skin irritations, dryness, and redness.
- Using gentle cleansers is one of the greatest ways to care for sensitive skin.
- Avoid using products that include harsh chemicals or detergents since they might deplete your skin’s natural oils and cause discomfort.
- Instead, seek a sensitive-skin cleanser that is soap-free.
Following some of the pre and post-Holi skincare advice will help you protect your skin throughout the Holi festivities. The aforementioned suggestions will make you appear more youthful, fresh, and revitalized. Furthermore, organic colors and flower petals are always preferable to chemical hues. If you must use colors, opt for natural ones such as Haldi, Beet Juice, and Organic Gulal. It’s really simple to keep your skin safe during Holi. Follow skincare tips to protect your skin from damage.